Akaroa Dolphins | Harbour Nature Cruises
- Duration: 2 Hours
- Location: Akaroa, New Zealand
October to April: 10.15 am, 12.45 pm & 3.15 pm
May & September: 10.15 am & 12.45 pm
June to August: 12.45 pm
Christmas Day ( To be confirmed ): 3.00 pm
• Please collect your tickets from our booking office at 65 Beach Road (Waterfront), Akaroa, 30 minutes before departure. Boarding is 15 minutes prior to departure at the main Akaroa wharf.
• We do not swim with the dolphins.
• If you have a voucher or promotion code to redeem, please contact us directly by phone or email to make a booking.
• Cancellations by guests must be made no later than 24 hours prior to departure. Any cancellations after this time will incur the full cost of the cruise.
• New Zealand is now at Alert Level 1. We are looking forward to welcoming back our Aussie friends. For all our guests we ask that you maintain good hygiene by making use of hand sanitiser placed around our facilities. If you are experiencing any flu-like symptoms, please stay at home. Contact us if you have any questions. Be safe and be kind.
We offer an exclusive and intimate 2-hour harbour nature cruise on our luxurious catamaran. We accommodate a small number of guests so you are able to enjoy a personal experience around the spectacular seascape including sea caves, high cliffs and volcanic rock formations.
A cruise around Akaroa Harbour is the perfect way to view the smallest and rarest dolphins in the world, the Hector’s dolphin, along with fascinating birdlife, New Zealand fur seals and White-flippered penguins.
We are 100% locally owned and operated. Our history in the area dates back to 1838, and as your hosts, we will provide you with a personal insight into the region.
A complimentary glass of award-winning wine, beer, low or non-alcoholic option, as well as fresh home baking, are also included.
From our check-in team to our skippers and onboard guides, you’ll be greeted with smiles every step of the way. An integral part of the team is our expert dolphin spotting dogs. Equipped with dog life-vests and a keen ear, they’ll help make your dolphin encounter an unforgettable experience.